Today I decided to spend a bit of time re-processing some older images. This year DxO Optics Pro had a few interesting updates and I’ve learned to use some of its new features.

This is my new attempt:

 

Scream

 

And here is the original one:

scream2

 

I focused on the fire and I tried to reduce highlights while maintining as much detail as possible. In the older image the flames have too many blown out highlights that are completely white, and overall it doesn’t have a lot of detail.

Lowering the highlights and usind Clearview I was able to recover more details in the flames. Most of the picture looks a bit darker, which enhances the contrast between the flame, the artist and the spectators.

Advertisements